Garmin Forerunner 15 GPS Running Watch and Activity Tracker, Large - Black/Blue
[gallery columns="4" orderby="rand"]
My initial test of this watch was a 6 mile test run at the local running club, it didn't go too well that morning as it took over 2 miles before it managed to get a signal, which clearly wasn't ideal. I later realised this was probably down to an update that morning which would have cleared the GPS data (of where satellites are) and while it doesn't hold a weeks’ worth of this data like the more expensive watches, it was probably why it took a long time to get a lock. Having used it in the same location since, it worked, but I'm still wary after that experience so try to arrive a bit earlier and let it locate satellites but cancel the run which seems to enable it to lock on sooner.
As someone who's recently started running I've found it helpful for checking distance, time and crucially pace, although you can't display all 3 at once, but it's not too tricky to scroll. I'm still working out the best set up for display but usually have it set on time and distance, and as I...
- Tracks distance, pace, and calories
- Activity Tracking - Counts steps and calories and reminds you when it's time to move.
- Compatible with Foot Pod (not included with this model) - For recording distance indoors.
- Battery Life - Up to 8 hours with GPS activated or 5 weeks in watch/activity tracking mode.
- Garmin ConnectTM - Online community where you analyse, categorise and share data.