Peplink Balance 20 Dual-WAN Router
[gallery columns="4" orderby="rand"]
Pretty good piece of kit
I thought I would write a review about this since it is not obvious what infrastructure set-up you need to get this working on ADSL. In theory you need two ADSL modems, this router and a wireless access point. In that set-up you would set the Peplink to have a PPPOE connection to each modem. However this (very frustratingly) did not work. Peplink customer service said they could create a special firmware for me but I'd already spent a lot of time and didn't want to spend any longer.
The set-up that did finally work was to get two Netgear DG834Gs each connected to the ADSL socket in the wall then to connec the Peplink to each of these via DHCP (i.e. each Netgear is a DHCP server). Then I used a Wireless Access Point (TP-Link TL-WA901ND) connected to the Peplink and each computer then connects to the TP-Link wirelessly.
I think you can get ADSL modems with DHCP servers but I didn't try that configuration.
Now for performance. The Peplink is a great piece...
- Dual-WAN Router (2 WAN) for Power User & Home Office
- Features 5 advanced load balancing algorithms - boosts your bandwidth and reliability
- Features 2x Ethernet and 1x USB 4G LTE / 3G WAN ports with automatic failover - keeps you connected should your primary WAN fail
- Built-In PPTP VPN server - connect securely from any device, anywhere
- Router Utility - our free mobile app that provides instant push notification and information about the device status, events, bandwidth usage, and more
"It just works"
Rick, May 17, 2013
"Worth the extra $$$"
S. Lewis (Missouri USA), May 16, 2013
"Dual WAN at a solid price, great customer service, and easy setup"
D. Jones, May 8. 2013
"Nicely Designed, Works Extremely Well"
Peter (New Hampshire, USA), January 2, 2013
Best reviewed dual-WAN router on Amazon US
Load Balancing and Automatic Health Checks.
- Intelligent load-balancing algorithms automatically analyze network activity and distribute traffic, preventing slowdowns and productivity losses
- Automatic Failover and Health Check technology continually monitors all connected links, rerouting traffic around dead links to ensure seamless connectivity
Intuitive Web Admin Interface and Easy Outbound Policy Management.
- Intuitive web admin interface that features drag-and-drop rule priorities and per-application policies
- Simplify outbound policy management, even with multiple WANs
Built-In PPTP VPN Server.
- Remote users get convenient access to internal LAN resources without needing an additional VPN appliance or server
- Secure connection for remote, work-at-home, and on-the-go access with any mobile device
Router Utility Mobile App, and InControl Cloud Management.
- Router Utility, our free mobile app, provides instant push notification and information about device status, Mevents, bandwidth usage and more
For more information, please visit our website at http://www.peplink.com/products/balance/