Olympus OM-D EM10 Body Only - Black (16.1MP, Live MOS) 3.0 inch LCD
[gallery columns="4" orderby="rand"]
The best camera I have ever owned
I agonised over this purchase. How to replace my old Canon SLR with something smaller and, crucially, better? Not easy. I considered everything for months, then bought the Olympus E-M10.
I might have bought the E-M5 or stretched to the E-M1 to get that leap in quality, but I realised I didn't need to. The E-M10 doesn't really lack any professional features (well, one or two perhaps, though it has one or two unique features of its own, like a built-in flash) - it's just smaller.
Okay, so you don't get the weather sealing or the 5-axis image stabilisation the other two OM-Ds have, or the ability to shoot at 1/8000. The lack of weather sealing is fine for a fair-weather photographer like me, and in any case you have to have weather sealed lenses too, and none of the lenses I fancy are weather sealed.
The 3-axis image stabiliser gets good reviews from the pros, and works very well for me, so I can live with that too. And 1/4000 sec shutter speed is fine...
- Highly compact, classic, all-metal body.
- Image quality superior to much larger, comparable DSLR cameras.
- 3-axis image stabilisation for stable, blur-free stills and movies shot on the move.
- Built-in WiFi for remote shutter release, Live View mirroring, P, A, S and F control, remote zoom with electronic lenses, Live Bulb preview and image sharing directly on compatible smartphone touchscreens
- 12 Art Filters & 6 Art Effects for direct creative enhancement